Mat boards help your artwork look even better. But don’t get it wrong, they’re not just a pretty face—mat boards help protect your artwork as well.
Not matting your artwork can lead to:
- Water damage
- Paint smearing on the glass
- Photographs sticking to the glass
- Other damages that physically destroy the piece
Don’t let your artwork suffer. Grab a mat board.
Acid Free Mat Boards
- 4-ply (1.4 mm or 1/16” thick)
- 30 different colors to choose from (depending on size)
- Lasts for several years depending on how you take care of them
- Standard framing projects
- Selling prints
- Art/photography club projects
- Arts and crafts
Conservation Archival Mat Boards
- Lignin-free + acid-free (100+ years shelf life)
- Only comes in white
- Protecting fine art and originals
- Selling art at upscale art exhibitions
Backing boards support and protect your framed artwork.
By mounting your artwork onto a backing board, you prevent any warping that may happen from humidity or from your artwork moving around.
- White on both sides, core is chipboard
- Treated on both sides so surfaces are acid-free
- 1/16” thick
- White all around
- ⅛” thick
Have artwork you’d like to sell? Need to protect them from the elements?
Grab some clear bags to protect your prints at your art exhibition.
We carry a wide selection of art supplies to help you mount, display, or even repair your artwork. We carry trusted brands, ensuring that we provide high quality products for every artistic need.